Tuesday, June 16, 2009

bamboozled by all the photos on Google maps for San Francisco

I came across google maps before since my cousin lives in San Francisco and has a scooter shop over near Berkley called rock ridge two wheels, and there were directions on his website using this technology.

So I thought it might be interesting to see how Google maps would show the path I should take using public transport from Fulton Street near Golden Gate park in the city to rockridge which is located across the Bay near Berkeley.

Whats really interesting is to see all the different photos that I encounter along the route. Google maps even works out the cost of using public transport and compares the difference in price to driving. I suppose you could say that Google maps is like a modern day passepartout.

No comments:

Post a Comment