Friday, May 15, 2009

YouTube video the Matrix runs on Windows.

I had a look around YouTube and was trying to discover something that would be relevant. I chose this clip the matrix runs on windows by College Humor since it lampoons a particular movie genre and the humour is supposed to appeal to students. Its also very relevant since ties in well with the lunchtime talk on gaming today. As you can guess I have fallen behind a couple of weeks and am trying to catch up.

The video has universal appeal since everybody has experienced those frustating moments when windows crashes. I was never a fan of the Matrix but as far as I recall it was originally a graphic novel, and I think it ultimately became a game. It developed into a whole cult thing that totally passed me by.


I don't know how you would incorporate this video into a library website,unless inject a sense of humour into it or were trying to attract the attention of Matrix fans. Maybe create sketches from common situations staff encounter when dealing with users, which could be used for training purposes. Since as the old saying goes "Laughter is the best medicine". And I must admit that this video was very cleverly done and quite witty.

No comments:

Post a Comment