Friday, March 13, 2009

Grappling with RSS feeds

It may be called really simple sindication (RSS) but it certainly was not that simple to try transfer the chosen feeds from my reader to my blog.

I must admit that I have found this exercise one of the harder ones. I managed to set up the RSS feeds in my google reader but was stumped as how to tranfer them to my blog. I did find the creative craft youtube video tutorials entertaining and useful. You can just imagine the floor of the room where these videos were made it must just be strewn with paper everywhere. Then along came a knight in shining armour Michelle who enlightened me yesterday on the process and I would like to share it with everyone. No doubt I am not the only person who encountered this problem.

Instructions:
Go to blogger website www.blogger.com
Log in to your blog.

Click on Layout Tab.

Choose add gadget option from menu.

Add a blog to your list

Choose option import subscriptions from Google reader.

Select the which sites from your reader you want to import

Press the add button

they should then appear in your blog

As the old saying goes a problem shared is a problem halved. So I hope you have found these instruction helpful. I realise this entry has not been as exciting as the first one, but the blog is supposed to record my experience of the whole 23 thing learning programme.

1 comment:

  1. Peter
    Thank you that looks easy to follow and I will give it a try later on .......didnt realise I needed to import stuff to my blog. I only just managed to put stuff onto the reader from the blog.
    will let you know how I get on

    Julie

    ReplyDelete